Rear axle is ON!!

- ------=_NextPart_000_0107_01BDDB6D.CFB05540

I'm so happy I  had to tell everyone on the list.  I finally put the =
rear axle back on my '78 this weekend, along with the DP Motorsport =
select rims I bought fron Andre, and It looks really really good!  =
Here's what I did:
Sandblast & powdercoat the rear axle gloss black, sandblast & powdercoat =
a sway bar from an '84 Jetta gloss black & install it on the axle, =
obtain rear disc setup, rebuild calipers, & paint them silver,  =
sandblast & powdercoat rear rotors, and then have them turned, smear a =
light coating of wheelbearing grease on them to protect from corrosion, =
buy new steel brake lines, bend them & install, install new stainless =
steel braided brake lines (4), install polyurethane rear axle beam =
bushings, repack wheel bearings, install new dust caps,without denting =
them (ask me how I did that sometime), install new KYB gas shocks & cut =
springs from a 16V scirocco, and all new fasteners.
    I'm only test fitting everything right now.  I need to see how low =
the car sits on the cut springs.  Once I'm satisfied with the ride =
height, I'll sandblast and powdercoat the springs, and buy polyurethane =
upper shock bushings, and the installation will be complete.  If I can =
keep this pace up for the rest of the car, It should look pretty good.
I'm just so happy to have gotten this far, I had to tell everyone.
Thanks for listening.
Steve

- ------=_NextPart_000_0107_01BDDB6D.CFB05540

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I'm so happy I&nbsp; had to tell =
everyone on the=20
list.&nbsp; I finally put the rear axle back on my '78 this weekend, =
along with=20
the DP Motorsport select rims I bought fron Andre, and It looks really =
really=20
good!&nbsp; Here's what I did:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Sandblast &amp; powdercoat the rear =
axle gloss=20
black, sandblast &amp; powdercoat a sway bar from an '84 Jetta gloss =
black &amp;=20
install it on the axle, obtain rear disc setup, rebuild calipers, &amp; =
paint=20
them silver,&nbsp; sandblast &amp; powdercoat rear rotors, and then have =
them=20
turned, smear a light coating of wheelbearing grease on them to protect =
from=20
corrosion, buy new steel brake lines, bend them &amp; install, install =
new=20
stainless steel braided brake lines (4), install polyurethane rear axle =
beam=20
bushings, repack wheel bearings, install new dust caps,without denting =
them (ask=20
me how I did that sometime), install new KYB gas shocks &amp; cut =
springs from a=20
16V scirocco, and all new fasteners.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm only test =
fitting=20
everything right now.&nbsp; I need to see how low the car sits on the =
cut=20
springs.&nbsp; Once I'm satisfied with the ride height, I'll sandblast =
and=20
powdercoat the springs, and buy polyurethane upper shock bushings, and =
the=20
installation will be complete.&nbsp; If I can keep this pace up for the =
rest of=20
the car, It should look pretty good.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I'm just so happy to have gotten =
this far, I had=20
to tell everyone.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Thanks for listening.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Steve</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0107_01BDDB6D.CFB05540--

- --