Re: floor mats & MKII top speed

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998 11:15:53 +0300 "Lauri Pettai"
<lauri.pettai@netexpress.ee> writes:

>I got with my totally stock MK2 8v 84 a bit over the 125 mph
>(200km/h).

Flat level ground or on a hill? Drafting assisted?

When somebody asks about the speed our cars can do, some can obtain a
better speed than others as not all cars are equal. When the question is
asked, "How fast" my reply is based on a speed test on flat level ground.
My roc in its current (Putting out 117hp to the crank) configuration tops
out at 125 mph, on flat level ground. (Gravity assisted ive seen 155mph
but that does not mean that's how fast it goes.) If your roc is
completely stock, your JH can at best put out 90hp. So, how can there be
the same top speed on our cars? Are you sure your speed is accurate or
did I miss something?

Curious.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and