Re: weight of a Mk1 Scirocco?

my  gt4 77 mk1 car stock weighed in at 2100lbs almost exactly then i stripped
it down put the roll cage in new fuel cell stripped back bumper etc. and im
weighing in at exactly 1945lbs  i have never heard of a mk1 at 1750 thats
200lbs lighter than i am i have no inner fenders, and everything that could
come off the car did minus the front bumper  the only thing left to do is
Drill BIG holes in the floor of which i do not plan to do.
a freind of mine has a full aluminum frame gt4 scirocco that weighs in at 1925
so you tell me how in the world he got that low in wieght i would love to be
that light
- --