RE: Synchro Scirocco

Sure,

Simply put there was not a synchro A1 chassis.  The Corrados share an A2
chassis for which you can then do an Golf syncro undercarriage and make it
work.

To do a Scirocco Syncro you would need to cut out the entire chassis (or fab
a chassis) then bolt on all the pieces and make it work.  Save your self the
$$$$, aggravation, time, and go buy a real Quattro Coupe, and have all the
items already there.  Plus the capability of making a ton more HP than what
a VW engine will ever do.  300HP turbo 5 cly, are not uncommon.

If you want to peruse it, anything can and has been done, but to make a
street scirocco syncro would be a nightmare.  Now to build a race version -
still a nightmare, but on smaller scale.  Who needs a passenger seat, or
don't mind the exhaust pipe running through your chest there co-pilot.

Stephen Jacobs
Karmann Collector
87 8v Scirocco
74 Porsche 914 2.5L