re Accident

Sorry to Hear about the accident, I was in one last year in a VW bus,
and the windshield hit me in the face, and really did a # on my teeth.
(I'll spare you the details)

First thing I learned was, when you are dealing with insurance adjusters,
and he comes around and looks at your car, He is going to talk it down,
" this can be replaced with used parts,- it is only a VW it is also an 83-
can be worth more than $500 bucks, blah blah blah"
INSIST ON GENUINE VW PARTS- Even German paint -you have that right
And NEW PARTS! hold your ground!
he may speak of totaling the car, or how little it is worth.
they will try to get you to use used parts.
I have dealt with these guys in the past, and they can be real bastards,
right down to the last bolt.
they are very good at what they do, and what they do is
try to talk you into settling for a lesser amount. That is their job.

if they decide to total your car, they have to give you full book value,
as if the car was mint. Add for any accessories you have (that you can prove)

you are looking at about $800-$1000,

Sorry for the rambling, but these guys (the insurance adjusters)are a sore spot with me,
and having to deal with them somewhat regularly, I have grown to despise them.

good luck, and if you need an estimate, go to a VW dealer.
if you need 2- go to the local High status European car service
station.

Good luck, and feel free to email me if you have any questions.

I have some experience in this department

Percy.