Re: distributor question

On 30 Oct 1998, Jonas Karlsson wrote:

> OK this might be straightforward, but I thought I should ask for sure.
> I just got the european curve distributor from virtual world. It has the
> dual vacuum advance. My question is this: I checked on my 85 S, and only
> saw one vacuum advance port. So what do I do with the extra port. Do I
> just plug it? I don't know how all that vacuum advance works exactly so
> I wouldn't know where to start if I were to try to pull my own line
> there.

I had to ask Potterman the same question about a month ago.  Just cap off
or ignore the second vacuum port (the one on the bottom).   This is for
retard.   He also mentioned disconnecting the upper vacuum line for when
you want better response (or something like that.. forget the exact word
he used), like during autocross or "canyon runs."  Too bad I don't have
any freakin canyons here in good old Ohio :(

Also, 15 degrees seems to be a killer setting for timing.   I had mine set
to 12 degrees until I took it to have the fuel mixture and stuff set by
the dealer.   The mechanic set the timing back to 8 degrees, and
disconnected the O2 sensor.  I now have a killer rock solid idle, but it's
not as fun at around 3000 rpms!   I will advance the timing back to 15
degrees soon!

HTH!

Greg :)

Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm

- --