Re: time for a new clutch

OK, you got me on the pressure plate specifics, but you do understand
my point.  I do like the feel of the 210mm clutch system over the
190mm system that the '80 rabbit came with.  I have driven a car with
the "race" clutch set-up, and I thought it was pointless.

My Scirocco is putting out 120-130Hp (I guess) and the 210mm clutch
is just fine.

> From:          "Aaron D. Patton" <apatton1@airmail.net>
> To:            "Ken and Susan Buck" <phillyscca@mail.enter.net>,
>                <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
> Subject:       Re: time for a new clutch
> Date:          Tue, 27 Oct 1998 23:18:06 -0600

> >I would recommend using the stock clutch in that '80.  If you want
> >better grip, then upgrade to the 210mm clutch package from an 83-84
> >GTI or newer Scirocco.  Buying a "race" clutch will only make the
> >pedal a bear to push and it will give you no advantage for street
> >driving.
>

> Don't you mean that upgrading to a race pressure plate will make the pedal a
> bear to push?  If you use a stock pressure plate a race clutch makes it no
> harder to depress the pedal.  But what would be the point?
>
> >Ken Buck
> >Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chair
> >78 DSP VW Scirocco regional champ 94, 95, 97, 98
> >85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
> >"1997 Rookie of the Year" Linda's Speedway
> >Ugly 78 Scirocco , needs a motor  SOLD!!
> >80 Scirocco-S  copper, getting a 1.8L next week
>

> Aaron
> '79 Scirocco S - FOR SALE (in Dallas, Texas)
> '93 Corrado SLC

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chair
78 DSP VW Scirocco regional champ 94, 95, 97, 98
85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
"1997 Rookie of the Year" Linda's Speedway
Ugly 78 Scirocco , needs a motor  SOLD!!
80 Scirocco-S  copper, getting a 1.8L next week
- --