How Do You Repair Fuel lines?

As I was attempting to install different fuel lines into my Rabbit, I ended
up bending one of them so that there now exists an indent at one of the
bends.  How do I go about repairing this.  One fellow said that I can
simply use a rubber hose.  Another said that I can cut the line, and use
adapters to install a short piece of line.  Has any one run into this
problem and how did you manage to fix it.

Thanks.

Sal

- --