Re: [debate][140hp JH?]

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:09:21 -0800 Brian Honnold <bhonnold@pac-cap.com>
writes:
>Getting back to Shawn's original question, "what do I have to do to make
my
>JH like that one?"

Not my origional post but hey, whatever. At least this one was close.

>Sounds like a good PP head job plus the other goodies is the way to go.

Other than bumping up the compresion ratio, this is the best way to gaim
some power. I agree with you.

> The guy with the cabbie also has a digifuck chip so he may have a
slight
>advantage there over the basic Scirocco JH.

Well, come to find out, he has a 2H motor. Same as the RD motor with a
different exhaust manifold. (The same crappy c-clamp manifold as most of
the rest of us A1 cars.) So to begin with its got a 5 hp advantage. Then
add the P&P head, Brospeed header, 2-1/4 exhaust system, chip, cam and
its probably close to the 140 hp mark. Id guess that its probably more
like 130hp.

>Shawn, you said you could do your own PP work.  Would you do anyone
>elses???  I got a case of Cap'n Morgans just waiting for ya.

Ive done alot of Chevy V8 heads in my day. About a month ago I opened up
one of my stock intake manifolds to use the larger TB. Then I installed
it on my Roc. I had some sparetime so I opened up the manifold that was
on my car for my future dedicated DSP Roc. (I figure that if I stockpile
parts, I will have to get one sooner or later!)

I had a flow bench at the time but not anymore. Still, I know that I can
do a decent port job without a flow bench. it wouldnt be a crazy port and
polish job that flows 100% more than before like if I had a flow bench
but I can definately open up the ports a little to flow with good power.
You might want to get it done by someone better equipped with the right
tools than me. (Velocity sells P&P heads.)

Cpt Morgans... is that like, Rum??
Speak to me Brian! LOL!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and