Re: Is this List a reflection of state of the H20 VW community?

I'm here for the tech. I have both a '81 Scirocco(kevin wensel's old one) and
a '71 Baja bug. The bug is getting a 1600 Rabbit motor also. But yes I agree
there is a bad seed on the list. But it's not just the list, Ive seen it on
the street too. They think if it doesn't have a 4"-5" tip and has no
suspension travel, it just isn't cool. I also have a '77 Toyota Celica Gt
liftback. Slot mags, '80 supra suspention and brakes, and a 'vette L-88 scoop.
But the only comments I've gotten on it are from people that remember Mad
Max(it looks like the interceptor), and people in Datsun Z cars. The one's
with PSD's(penis size defisency's(sp)- a coffee can tip to make them cool),
like only the cars that they own and drive. Kinda like the ford drivers that
hate chevy's. True hot rodders, that's what we really are no matter what we
drive, appretiate(sp) good workmanship. Not just what the popular make and
model is. But i've found if you don't play to their lower level, they
evetually go away or realize they are wrong(we hope). So let's keep up with
the tech and building ideas(I know I'll need help on my 2.0 into a 'rocco),
and hope that the young ones will learn. We can only teach them by leaving a
good example.

Wolf
BADCO45@aol.com
'81 Scirocco S