Re: [debate][140hp JH?]

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:45:37 +0000 "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@nol.net>
writes:
>what the heck, we all on crack? a JH can easily see 140hp
>with all those mods he listed.

That was never the issue. I know of 260hp JH motors. So what.

>The big key is ported and polished
>head and his CR. those two things prob give him at LEAST +20hp over
>all the other boltons he has.

Do you really think so? Cam too, dont forget the 270 cam. So you think
this is a legit 140hp motor?

> I havent raced him, and he IS in a heavier car, but I'm
>willing to bet hes gotta be putting out at least 140+hp. Call him and
>talk to him yourself.

Why would I want to do this? If I wanted a huge phone bill, I wouldnt be
on the list. I could just call all of the tuners all over the nation at
will. You act as if im doubting you or something and I havent even
replied yet dude. Geez.

>I also know this guy Heinz (eh Dale?) who SAYS
>he only has an 8v, but dale can attest to how fast the car is
>compared to his 180hp Rocco.....can't he? hehe

Honestly, I dont care about any other 8V. My post was only about this one
guy's Cab with the mods he lists on his web page. His JH is what im
asking about. The mods he did is what I want to know about. Thats all, no
witch hunt or anything. if anyone has facts or know's that a P&P head for
a JH would net such a gain, thats all im after. From comparing his mods,
and mine, he has 23 hp over me yet still turns in performance times
slower than me. hes lighter than me by 70 or so lbs. so he should show
better times. Im stumped as to why this is?
Mikes RD 145hp Roc kicks my ass in a staight line. Ive seen 6.4 0-60
times with me in the passenger seat. (G-Meter pro equiped.)

>I know you auto-x Shawn M, so you gotta keep it legal,but hey gobuy
>another JH rocco, get the head worked, and FEEL the power outta that
>weenie engine.

Naw. I really dont care about the autox rules. Id rather have more fun
with my roc with more power for the street anyways since its a daily
driven car. Maybe i'll find me another car to dedicate as a DSP car but
for now, my Roc is above the autox scene. id like to build it a little
more wild than it is right now. (Read, its getting boring.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and