Re: wheel hop under hard acceleration

My 84 Scirocco never had wheel hop when I had 185/60 X 14 Pirellis. With no
other changes (already had new Konis and Eibach springs and replaced all
suspension bushings and strut bearings) except swapping to 205/45 X 16 P-Zeros,
the tires now hop. I think its a factor of tire weight and/or tire grip
coupling with the spring rate and bushing rates to set up a resonance. Even on
a dusty surface, when the tires start to hook up they will hop. I think we just
have to live with it.
Dan