Re: SIGNING OFF, PRICKS

From:          John Ryland <John.Ryland@mail.sscoop.com>
To:            "'scirocco post'" <scirocco-l@privateI.com>
Subject:       SIGNING OFF, PRICKS
Date:          Sat, 24 Oct 1998 11:49:56 -0400

Don't leave man.  We need more people like you on the list.  I don't
mind reading a few off subject posts, we need more people that have
done a lots of mods for their input.(i'll admit sometimes these post
go WAY OFF TOPIC but thats part of a mailing list i guess)  I find
that the people who do the crazy modifications prefer to spend thier
time in the garage rather than in front of the computer.  It is their
nature.  I'll have more to contribute as  I do more work to my new
16v anyone want to talk 2.0??(hehe)
btw nice roc man.  I saw it on welty's page.  It has got to be one of
the nicest MKI's I've seen.  (I'd own a MKI but ALL the one's I've
looked at out here are rusted badly.
take care of the roc man
later
Tony

Boy do I feel like a dumbass. I opened my list digest today hoping to read
something useful, interesting, funny, etc. Instead I have to wade through a
ton of messages related to window tint, mean old policemen, poor helpless
policemen and a bunch of other decidely non-Scirocco crap. There are people
on the list who are out there doing amazing things to their cars...turbos,
one-of-a-kind swaps & other major modifications...yet the most vocal group
seems to be the ones who tint their windows and wait for cops to harass them
so they can bitch about it. Like a lot of people on this list, I have a real
job, real responsibilities and spend a disproportionate amount of money on
my Scirocco. I enjoy talking about VWs, but I won't go out to the local high
school and buddy up to the saddest chump poser in the parking lot just
because he drives a Roc. Nor will I do it on this list. So to all the
level-headed listers out there, your comments and info will be missed. To
Kevin, thanks for the list, sorry it went downhill through no fault of
yours. To the pathetic pap smears like LERB (Mike Weiler) who can only add
to the most useless threads...good riddance and fuck you. I might stick
around for a day or two to bask in the flames from you little shits, and
maybe some death threats (you know about those don't you Lerb?? How's the
Protege?) Then I'll just unsubscribe.

John Ryland
78 A3 2.0 Motronic 8v with tint
- --