Mk2 Euro Bumpers

Bumpers, I got mine and I like them.
Q) how much do they cost?
A) Shop. They cost big bucks ($800 - 600ish) new so used could be a good
deal for the Scirocco on a low budjet.
Q) How easy is this swap?
A) The bumpers bolt on. Removing the US version takes more time than
bolting on the Euro Bumpers.
Q) do their kits install nicely?
A) Yes they look great. They fit the car just like the designer wanted them
to. The US cars have big holes for the US version bumpers. Then the big
holes are the final question "what do you do?". Most cars just don't fill
the big holes. It looks O.K.
The body kit works to hide the holes. Some fill the holes. Up 2 YOU.

Doug
87 16v sil;ver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"

Message text written by "David Ruby"
>Hey everyone,
I know this subject has already gone around a few times, but I'm new, so
please bear with me.  Today's question is this: I'd like to replace my
clunky US bumpers on my '86 with a pair of Euro-bumpers.  How easy is this
swap?
Further, on finding a set (short of travelling over to Europe): did
Canadian models have the Euro or US bumpers?  I know Mk2 bumper sets are
available from various US tuners, but do their kits install nicely?  Also,
how much do they cost?  I am looking forward to the improved looks and the
loss of 75 pouns or so from the ends of my car!
TIA
Dave
86 8v<

- --