Re: Question about timing hole plug on the tranny...

yeah timing belt cover is a given! I dont have an upper, lower or side
cover for mine :) It looks so much better!

I dont like leaks either, but sometime ya cant help it. I just put a
windage tray w/ rubber gasket for the oil pan to stop the oil pan leak I
had, and getting those 2 tranny side bolts is a BITCH! I got em off, but
when I put them back on, the aluminum seal carrier stripped out on one of
the inside ones! AARRGGHH! If it leaks I'm going to have to drop the tranny
and put in a new rear main seal carrier... this sucks.

At 10:21 PM 10/21/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 10/21/98 6:00:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
aventari@cts.com
>writes:
>
><< My engine leaked oil everywhere and after a
> year, enough oil and crud got in there to make my clutch slip BAD. Keep it
> covered people :) >>
>Hey Kevin,
>Baaaaaahhhhhhh.   I scoff at that.  Actually, I'm anal enough that I doubt my
>car would ever leak from any point for more than a week.  I don't like leaks
>at all.  They make messes.  I even carrry good extra Oil Pressure switches
for
>trips out on the highway just incase I spring a leak.  I don't cover my 16V
>timing belt either on the top.  hehehe... I guess I'm doomed.
>Dan May

- --
Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S -- Now with JH power!
      San Diego, CA
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."
- --