Re: What does Scirocco Stand for

Farmracer@aol.com wrote:

> y'all got any acronyms? I am starting to find truth in mine:
>
> Spend Cash In Reams Or Car Can't Operate
>
> Sick Car Is Running; Our Credit Card Obliterated
>
> any more???

What's all this negativity? If you think the car is such a money pit why
do you own one? I've had two Scirocco's. 8V with 120,000 on it and only
had the small problems with it. Drove it EVERYWHERE! (got hit and
totalled) Now I have an 88 16V with presently 143,000 on it. It's
immaculate. Have put very little into it (except mods).(Knock on
wood)!!! I have no complaints for these cars. I have very much respect
for the Germans and their engineers. The main problem I suspect is
people that beat the hell out of thier cars and expect them to take it
without any maintenence. I have seen this in so many Scirocco's. What's
the story anyway with all the people that beat these beautiful cars to
death. There should be a law!

Feenix...sorry for the rant, but shit man.....these cars rule!!!
- --