Re: Supertrapp exaust question-Toyota and Scirocco

At 03:57 PM 10/19/98 -0400, lerb wrote:
>So how do you tune your Exhaust to accommodate changes is modifications?

You buy an exhaust which suits the car.  Displacement/forced induction are
the only things I can think of which might truly necessitate an exhaust
change - in my case, a DSP car, IE, stock cam & internals, the exhaust is
fairly straightforward.  You could play with primary lengths and diameters
to move the torque curve around, if so desired.  Most Supertrapp owners I
see take the discs off for competition - at that point, it is a straight
through glasspack.  To answer your question - I "tune" my exhaust when I
buy it.  I buy the exhaust that I think is going to make the most power for
what I've got.  I'll probably never put a turbo on a Rabbit, not likely to
put a 2 liter in the car.  I've not settled on which header I believe is
best.  How do you "tune" your exhaust?

I.Mannix
- --