Re: Supertrapp exaust question-Toyota and Scirocco

Well I have one...I will tell you why I got mine!.. If you think about it
what makes a high performance exhaust?

1. It is possible to tune you entire car by your exhaust to max output.
2. None of the more modern systems are tunable
3.What happens to my performance/Exhaust usage as I change modifications?
4.What was an alternative to the standard (you know the standard VW exhaust
aftermarket.)

Now I will tell you why I bought mine.
We dynoed my stock 1.7 just for grins one afternoon at a local speed shop
(guy where I bought my supertrap let me)
Without the supertrap at 5500-Redline RPM I was starting to get my most
power (power band started) before I put my exhaust one.
The next day I had my exhaust made 2"1/4 all the way back no exhaust (all
for $35) and then I took it over to the guys garage and we put on the
supertrap. Now I must say I like the sound no matter if it performs or not!
BUT when he just threw the supertrap on (no plates) I had my best
performance starting at 3800 and going to 6100 Now this lowered my power
curve a whole lot and made it more usable already. Well with my 1.7 I was
really not all that set on take off speed so we put 6 plates onto my exhaust
and not my power band was 4100-Redline WOW it felt like a totally different
car! I have also setup a 2.0 with similar results. Ok when you buy a
"normal" system such as tectonics, borla and all those similar what happens
when you change your setup? What happens when you install a cam? What
happens when you want to add a turbo? NOTHING............absolutely NOTHING
you just have the highest flowing exhaust tuned to stock! Period......no way
of changing it at all.
This fact did not seam fair to me. My friends GTI 16V when he put the borla
system on his car changes power band depth also from like 4300-6700 RPM to
3800-6200 RPM BUT he has no way of ever changing it. He has cams added and
it is exactly the same! Never changed a damn bit even though the guy he
bought both pieces from tells him this will give him more torque feel. The
guy at strictly foreign (yes YUCK) which is local to us made the mistake of
telling him if he did not like it he would buy back what he did not want
hehe (one used Borla exhaust going back to the shop the next day) Needless
to say my friend ordered a supertrap stainless steal and now he gets the
revs where he wants them at the bottom end. In my opinion this Exhaust is
the ONLY way to go if you plan to modify your car at all and feel all the
changes as you do them. I mean hell if you buy a pair of cams and Hardly
feel a difference it is probably somewhere else. Start looking as simple as
the exhaust.

Some features of my supertrap....lifetime warranty (stainless only) if you
want more top end add more plates if you want more bottom end take them off.
strange thing is it gets louder the more plates you put on!

I have heard alot of people on here and the A-2 list bad mouth these
exhausts but yet I see those same guys at the shows and see they have
techtonics exhausts. I have done the math.....no other exhaust is
tunable...none.......hope this helped ya...I am going to sit back and let
the complaints fly :)