From: Jason <jason@scirocco.org>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: 8v 2.0 L vs. 16v 2.0 L
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:42:55 -0400

At 10:40 AM 10/16/98 , Rich Deede----TOOL FAN wrote:
>Actually as we went over this before, there is NO more torque in an 8v
>than in a 16v.  The 16v is just geared differently which makes it feel
>like it has less torque.  So if you switch your 16v tranny to an 8v
tranny
>(like a 4k, or 2h), then you will feel your torque much more.

	Thank you Rich.

	I would rather not get into this debate again, but as VW said,
the 16v has
more torque at every given RPM than does the 8v.

	Go and see for yourself:

	http://members.aol.com/vwmon/dyno-s.jpg

	It's the dyno results for my 100% stock 1.8 16v.  Corrected hp at
the
engine after a coast-down test was 123.02hp.

				Jason

- --
To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,

- --------- End forwarded message ----------