Re: BMW almost made the New Scirocco, why can't VW?

At 01:42 AM 10/16/98 EDT, TBerk16@aol.com wrote:
>I was checking out the latest Euro Car mag and I saw the new BMW
mini-coupe. I
>think it's an M. It's based on the new roadster they had developed and it was
>pretty nice. Kinda funky looking in the front but hey, that's what 'branding'
>is all about.
>
>Any-who, I was thinking it almost made a good, updated Scirocco.

Reallly?  Huh.  I'd not compare the Scirocco to the M Coupe - they're two
completely different cars.  "Updated" Scirocco?  Understatement:).  I guess
I'm in the minority here, I look at the Scirocco as an econobox - the newer
ones are nicer econoboxes than the older ones, but they're all economy
cars.  IMHO, they're not "unparalleled sports coupes," or "performance"
cars, they're just neato cars which do many things for not much money.  The
M Coupe, well, geez, that's like saying the C5 is a nice update for a Geo
Metro.  Sorry.  I like to stretch things and perspectives, but I just can't
look at any M-car in the same light as any VW.

I.Mannix
- --