Re: Relays again

At 11:21 PM 10/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I had a few requests about the proper wiring for the light relays.  I put
>another page up on my website with comprehensive instructions.

 Why are you doing all the wiring back in the car? This means you're still
using the long run of stock 18ga wire, for high current. It makes more
sense to wire the relays in the engine compartment, close to the
headlights. Use the adapters that came with the headlights(at least on
mine) that plug into the stock headlight plugs. This allows you to get at
the signals for the lights, without cutting the stock harness at all. Use
the signals from these adapters as the signal for the relay, and run a
large gauge wire directly to the battery for 12V. This should result in a
pretty significant increase in voltage at the lights, especially with
higher current bulbs. I did this with 2 relays for all 4 lights, and now am
in the process of redoing the harness to handle 4 relays, so that I can go
with even bigger still bulbs(I want to fry retinas;).

Brad

- --