Re: [87 16V] Tool for coolant hose clamps?

At 02:33 PM 10/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>It's just a PITA. Channel locks are the only way to do it, really. I hate
them.
>But they do have a point- they keep constant pressure on the hoses, even when
>they wear. Worm type clamps can't do this.

I just had to do this recently on a hose that was a real PITA to get to the
clamps. It took forever to do the first one with some cheapo vise grips I
got from Sears(never buy tools that say Made in China on them!). The second
one I did with some a much sturdier set I bought at a hardware store. It
took much less time. The cheapo tools were much more difficult to get
clamped down, and seemed to wobble, and be much easier to get to come
loose. The good ones clamped easily and firmly, and the fact that they
didn't wobble, or slip off the clamp, made it much easier to remove the clamp.

Brad

- --