Re: Intermittant loss of power when accelerating

First, a correction, all in good spirit: your '86 would be a MkII. And, being
an '86, it would have a transfer pump, which I would say could be your problem.
Replacing the fuel filter is always a good idea if it hasn't been done
recently, as it's cheap and easy to do.
    -Josiah