RE: problems with idle

Possibly could be a warm-up regulator,  I tend to overlook those because I
don't have one. When I did, it never failed.

A small crack in either the throttle body boot or the intake boot will not
affect the idle at startup until the boot gets warm and the rubber spreads.
 Or when the rocking caused by worn motor mounts spreads it out.

The best bet is simply to check all the vacuum connections first and then
move into mechanicals.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop