Re: Front struts...

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 08:10:43 PDT "Chris Chemidlin"
<spredhaus@hotmail.com> writes:

>yesterday I put some springs in the GLI and I did the rears first with
>no drama, and the passenger front with the spring compressor and a
>couple of wrenches.

The rear springs are pretty soft. Proceed with caution... :)

>Have you ever known that you were making a mistake while you were
>doing it and couldn't make your body stop fast enough?
>
>I forgot to compress the spring.
>
>The strut bearing flew in one direction and the strut flew in another.

>The moral: either use a spring compressor and work carefully, or act
>like an asshole, throw caution to the wind, risk hurting yourself and
>others, and get the job done faster.  I think I'll take my time next
>time...

Yah, dont listen to me, I dont know anything about nuthin. Heh! I dont
get why nobody listens to me. I guess its the old I gotta experience it
for myself bit eh? Well, whatever, im glad nobody got hurt.
Roc On! (just dont hurt nobody while foing it!)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and