Whats w/ the FUBA?..everyone is doing the same mods

I went to thejunkyard over the weekend and came out w/ a jem!  It is a FUBA antennae, with no visible antennae.  Pulled it out of a Porsche 944 and paid $8!!.  It consists of a little wire that I will put under the hood that is attached to a square amplifier (about ‡ the size of a deck of cards) that I will bolt to to the bottom of the glove box.  I connected it to the radio to make sure it worked, and it works perectly!

I am looking for that 'clean' look w/ no extraneous things popping out of the body, such as the antennae.

In case anyone is inerested, I found it in a Porsche 944 (don't know if other Porsches has have it, but wouldn't be surprised).  The amplifier is located underneath the glove box.  You actually have to remove the glove box to see it.  The antennae bit goes through the fire wall and ends up underneath the hood in what looks like a little plug on the passenger side of the car.  It says FUBA on the amplifier box, and I gotta say, it is SMOOTH!

Wonder if anyone else has this mod?

Victor Farren
grinning ear to ear

- --