[1.8 8v tech] manifolds and engines

woohoo ok someone clarify for me

the 8v engines used in the A1 cars, Jetta, Golf, etc with the intake
manifold on the passenger side, EE, GX etc, all crappy engines with
small valves right? do the A2 intake manifolds match up to the A1
heads? is the bottom end of the GX the same as the JH?

Say you only have umm $300, what would you do with a GX engine
and no more than say 5 hours of downtime?

attempt to drop in a JH ($100), A2 manifold and t-body($75), 4-2
manifold and 2-1 downpipe(200$), slap on a JH head($50), cam($100),
E dist ($100), NOS it to hell till it blows up($300)??? any good
combos here, I really don't want to spend any money but this 85hp is
KILLING me.

I've already removed the metal sieve from above the air sensor plate,
and plan to swap fuel distributors with the one from my 86 rocco so
I can use the K&N air filter (or can i just swap airboxes??) but it
has such a weenie intake manifold I don't think upgrading to the A5K
one will do any good since the manifold is soo restrictive and really
can't be bored out like the JH one.

Ryan

oh let me vent.YOU STUPID KRAUT EATING GERMAN ENGINEERS!!
who in their right mind would run the crankcase vent hose under the
air sensor plate?? I couldn't even lift my frinds sensor plate
without pliers it was so caked in dried oil on his GX engine. At
least they fixed it on later model engines but DUH....
- --