Scirocco rims & Tires (was g60 muffler?)

> The G60 exhaust is a dual outlet.  I know because I have a G60 that I'm
> about to sell to buy a Scirocco..  Yes believe it or not, someone is
> selling a Corrado for a Scirocco.  I found a clean 88 16v that is fully
> loaded for a deal.  I have a question about rims that someone might be able
> to answer.  What size rims/tires would fit on the car?  I'm looking at
> either 15x7 or 16x7.  205 tires.  Will they fit alright?  With what offset
> should I go with.
>
> Aaron..

15x7 is a real good size, and a 195/50 works quite well.  I'm currently
running 16x7 with a 205/45 and the ride is fine.  The tires are Pirelli
P7000's, and the rim offset is 40mm.  No appreciable rubbing.  I have
heard a tiny bit in the rear, maybe twice in 6 months.  The 40mm offset
puts the wheels in the perfect position in the front, but they're a bit
too far inside at the rear, which may have contributed to the tiny rubs
I heard.  I'm going to get a set of hubcentric H&R spacers (5-7mm) at
some point to fix that though.

==Brett
- --