Price Check, Timing

I have broken down and have decided to have a "professional" look at my 1986
16v.

I am reluctant to work on the timing system my self. Mainly because I know
that I could REALLY mess it up, and I would hate to have done that to my
only child :).

My question is how much should I expect to pay to have a Mechanic change out
the timing belt?

I'm also looking at having the Driver Baring replaced.

I'm in Middle/East TN, so if anyone could recommend a good Mechanic I would
appreciate it.

Thanks

McKinley,

mckinley@u-c.net