Re: 6th Annual Oktoberfest..onthe way home help....

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998 20:51:25 -0700 Brad Sheridan <brads@mindspring.com>
writes:

>Does the car have AC? I got a nice cloud of smoke when my compressor
>died. But since the oil in it is not part of the rest of the engine oil
>system, it won't affect your engine oil levels or temp, or water temp.

When I blew an AC line, it blew what I thought was white steam (it was in
the daytime too) out from under the hood and it died pretty quick. I shut
off the AC switch and it fired right up again. It didnt leave any oil
under the hood except for right at the hose that blew. Did yours leave
oil under the hood Brad? Curoius.

Something sounds funny with what happened to Ryan. Something had to let
go to put that much oil on the firewall and to soak the Corrado behind
him. Oil cooler? I dunno. If he had oil pressure....... hmm...

Ryan, you didnt say if you got oil pressure after you stopped the first
time. You said you lost ol pressure, but then pressed on. I take it you
got some oil pressure right?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and