Was lights, now transformers

>No, we've gone over this before.  The HID systems on the new Lexii, MBZs,
>BMWs, Lincolns, etc *do not use bulbs*.  Here's how they work: the light
>comes from an arc of electricity between 2 electrodes in a xenon-charged
>lense.  The arc requires 20,000V which is why these systems are so
>expensive (you need the transformer that comes with them).

  And speaking of transformers, let me tell you guys about a car I saw the
past few days on the way to work. I was cruising along, amking my way
throught the morning rhush hour traffic, when I come up on this red
Honda(Accord, Civic, Prelude, I can't remember). Anyhow, what caought my
eye was this bright yellow logo on the back window. It said "Autobot". OK,
at this point, I'm thinking I'm about to pass another ridiculous looking
japanese econobox that someone has modified in a vain attempt to make
people think its a fast car. So I'm shooting by it, laughing about its
yellow rims, when I see IT. A bright yellow Autobot logo(you know, from the
kids toys the transformers) on the side. The guys in it look over nod and
give me a thumbs up(beats me what they think their Japanese econocrap has
in common with an English sportbike). I just start shaking my head and
laughing trying to make it obvious to them thats what I'm doing as I leave
them in the dust. And then the next day, almost the same point in the
commute, I come up on it again. This time, as I'm passing it, the driver
just won't look over, so I slow down just a little to make sure he saw me
shaking my head and laughing again.

   Am I an ass for laughing at something this person has obviously put some
effort into? Maybe, but I just don't feel bad about it. If I ever see a
transformer logo on a VW, I will be forced to sell my Scirocco out of shame
and embarassment.

Brad

- --