Re: [mk2] seat frame q's - details

Mark,
I found this out the hard way when the body shop put my new floor board in. They got it from a MK2. So they had to file down the center support so the adjuster knob would lock in the holes. This, much to my dismay, lets the seat rock back and forth. Not much but some days it bugs the shit out of me.

mark hausler
'81 scirocco S
'94 toyo 4x4

mark peele wrote:
> Much to my disgust, I discovered that my 1981 Scirocco S seats would not
> fit into my 1982 Scirocco. On the MK2 they raised the height of the
> center "rail" just enough to prevent me from mounting the seats. (The MK1
> center "rail" would not clear the center "adjuster"
>
> Although the tracks are all the same, the center thing aint necessarily
> so.
>
> But the MK2 seats fit the MK1.
>
> If anyone has a story to contradict this, I have a pair of Scirocco S
> seats I'd like to sell you (Re-upholstered in black vinyl)
>
> Mark . . .
> Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
> Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
> http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/marc.htm

- --