Re: 16V upgrade opinions, please.

In a message dated 10/6/98 10:42:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cerksies@nbn.net
writes:

> My rocco is about 2400-2700
My '82 w/o bumpers and A/C is about 2100lbs. I still run the 1.7l solid lifter
8v with a cam and sprocket. I've beat a few Honda's including a CRX on the
good 'ol highway. 17's just don't get it done for low power cars.

As to 16v upgrade opinions:
If you go 2.2l, pistons, rods, etc. you know build the bottom solid. Then, do
a 1.8l head shaved .005, p/p'd, 3 angle valve job, run independent throttle
boddies, and a high output ignition...240Bhp is possible. Obviously, it takes
serious effort and alot of loot. It can be done, though.

Frank
- --