Re: Anyone got a used cylinder head CHEAP?

I believe(but could be wrong) that 1.6's and 1.7's used the same cyl
head.

Tony

 1.7, how's $50 sound? Dunno if I can get you a 1.6 head, don't know
if they're different. If you can put a 1.8L cylinder head on, you
might get better flow. Does that work, list? If so, I'll sell you a
1.8 head for $50.    -Josiah

balance wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>     I picked up an 84 Jetta the other day (for $125- came with GTi
wheels with
> new rubber, and a $500 stereo.Also has a mint interior)
> Well, i was driving it home and it died. I tried turning it over,
> but it sounded like the timing belt was broken (those who have had it
happen
> know what this sounds like.) Got it to my shop, and found out the # 3 &
4
> bearing caps on the cap were oil starved. Seized the cam right up.
> so I am in search of a very cheap head to put on to get me by
> (this is going to be my winter car) for a while.
>
> I also am into trades if anyone needs anything.
> BTW, the engine code is EN (is this a 1.6 or 1.7?)
>
>   TIA,
>
>       Percy.

- --
To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,

- --------- End forwarded message ----------