[16v]drag times - addendum

btw...

as soon as I got home I powered up the PC and loaded that CarTest
program, choose a stock 87 16v Scirocco, added 3hp to the numbers to
sinulate a K&N air filter..it ran a 16.6, compared to my real times
of 16.54..pretty damn close eh? I was realy impressed with this,
considering the program takes into account wheelspin,slip or dump
clutch etc etc, I set the launch to the same rpm as i was doing the
run and it got within .06 of my times. So I played around with the
numbers of course and discovered a rabbit w/ a 8v supercharged
nitroused engine (300hp) can do high 11s ..wheeee hehehe

other than that the corrado numbers were much better than mine, a
whole second below what i was running, but i had a LOT of tire
spin on the darn Corrado that probably made that difference.

I think i'm going to do this more often, maybe one a month with some
buddies, I don't have a car thats decent to run but it was cool to be
able to race my friends withougt fear of the law,oh yeah and it a
steet competition night (fridays) so they don't post any times up
for anyone to see, just who won, and you get your time slip. I guess
it's mostly for guys tuning their cars and dont want the comp. to
know what their running.

Ryan
auto-x still rules though!...does VW Motorsport offer a powerglide??
heheheheheh
- --