[16v]drag times

went to the local drag strip, well anyways I didn't want to run my
green car, figured i'd just intimidate people in the lot. But I got
to drive some friends.

stock 16v, K&N, 24psi in front street tires
2 runs both at 16.54

both my R/Ts were around 1.1s, my 60' times varied greatly
as the first tiem i spun the tires a lot, but the second run I
shifted before redline unlike the first time. I'm sure with
fuel enrichment, header and cam could easily see 15s.

Drove my friends stage2 Corrado G60 and got a 15.9

oh and the scirocco 16v 87 with driver (umm 150lbs?)
weighed in at 2560, with 1/2 a tank of gas and spare
and a bass tube.

course you have to remeber, thses werent my cars, I was not used to
the clutch or shifting on either and if it was MY corrado (ex) I
would have tore up that track.! it was really a blast but kinda sad
that you'r launch dertermines who wins and who looses, give me
sticky 15s and no tire spin and damn I'm sure the stock roccos would
be in the low 15s.

another note a VR6 w/ cams manifold etc did 15.2 but too much tire
spin, almost 3 seconds worth, so he got pissed and didn't make any
more runs, could have easily seen 13s, it was cool to watch the
nitrous 1000hp mustangs tear down the track.

Ryan
- --