Re: I've got wood

>While I was puttering around the yard I found an 82 with the same
sliding
>ragtop as mine.  Only the canvas top is in better shape and the frame
was
>black anodized instead of chrome.  I pulled the top and the back of the
>frame cuz the rest is riveted on. (tomorrow it's cordless power tool
time).

>The PNP doesn't have a price for things like this so the guy charged me
>$5.14 for the top and the frame part.  Can you f**kin believe it.  that
>just saved me the $250 that a recover of my top was going to cost.
> yyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaaw
>
>Just had to share, thanks for reading
>
>Brian Honnold
>'78 Rocco Ragtop

Brian..
Do yerself a favor and sawzall the whole roof out! the Aircooled guys
have a trick on how to install a rag section on a car that doesn't show
on the outside...it might work with that..

Just get the section, use the parts you need, the ones you dont need put
back on the roof section.. Bring it to a VW shot and ask $200.  It'll
prolly go....

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen