(No Subject)

Can anyone help this guy?

- -----------------
My bro is having a problem with his 86 GTI 1.8L 8v cis-e, he can drive the car
for a while but then it will either backfire or cutout on him once it warms up.
 Once it stalls out it wont start again for like 5 minutes or so.  Sometimes
when he tries to start he can get it running by pumping the gas, but if he
stops pumping the engine will cut off.  BUT then maybe like 2 minutes later the
car will start and can be driven for a while once more until it stalls again.
 My bro thought it was a transfer pump so he got one from the junk yard that
looked good because the screen filter was very clean.  Could it be the main
fuel pump that is the problem??
Justin Welty
http://members.aol.com/VWNUT99
87 GTI

HotBot: the Number One search engine: http://www.hotbot.com
PC Computing:  MVP, "Top search engine"
PC Magazine:  "Editors' Choice for power searches
C/net:	"The search site we'd head to first."
- --