Re: Installing Momo stuff

At 10:11 pm -0700 30/9/98, NICHOLAS ISAAC wrote:
>I just bought a MOMO Club 3 steering wheel, and a Momo shifter knob.
>First off, does anyone know if I can hook the steering wheel up without
>the adapter; and if yes, how? Second, has anyone ever cut the shifter

Sorry, no...

>stick, and how did you cut it (method and location). I am also

I used a cutoff wheel in a Dremel tool... I broke about 5 of them, but it
works, and it's a SHITLOAD faster than using a hacksaw.  Just take it slow
and try not to put sideloads on the wheel.

>interested in making or getting a new shifter boot. Please reply about
>anything mentioned. Oh, by the way, I have an 87 16v Red w/ leather.

The best thing to do would be to just shell out the $ for the Momo boot.
It screws right up into the bottom of your shiftknob, and makes things look
nice and neat.

HTH!

- --