project continues..

Are you sure you want full leather????
I have the full leather and you have seen my car.
It is in good condition but you will not stick to the seats
as well if you have full leather. I LOVE mine but it is
not the best drivers interior. A sticky cloth would be better.
My MK1 has the stock "S" seats, thanks to Mike at V.W.P.,
and they grip you like you would want them to. I like the leather
because it is clean and looks great. If you canít find seats I am
learning how to rebuild seats now. Ron has a friend with new
seat frames and cushions. Give him a call. The cloth will cost a bit
but the foam will be broken down in all the used seats so
you should get new foam now.

Wow you are on the way to a total show car.

Doug
87 and 81 Sciroccos

Message text written by Kevin Collins

My car is up with Potter's buddy getting a workover.  He has taken most of
the interior apart and is "de-rattling" it.  He has previously done this
to his own '79 Rabbit, and the results are phenomenal.  I am also
getting my climate controls fixed - I have hot air leaking through the
center vents, and most of the other functions of the c/c are fubar too..
.. no defrost, etc.  Most likely it needs a new control panel and some
work down in the heater core areal.  Perfect time to get it done, thing is
all
apart and this car IS a keeper, so I want it to be totally functional.
Also
on
the agenda is a shift linkage adjustment, switch to Redline MTL into the
gearbox,
new center vent for the dash, new lower speedo cable, and some electrical
tinkering.  The shop is Strategic Automotive in Northridge.  If you're in
the
LA/
Valley area, I recommend him highly.. he's a VW nut and he runs a 1-man
shop..

Anyways, next I'd like to finish the interior.  If anybody has a black
leather interior in good-excellent shape for sale, please email me
privately.
At some point in the next few months, I'm gonna spring for a FULL-ON proper
paint job ($3-$4K) and finish putting the car into PRIMO condition.  It's
a very clean (and fast!) car right now but when I'm done with it it will be
better than new!

- --
Kevin Collins<

- --