Re: Extended pickups (was: Re: '82 going convt???)

>Mike wrote:
>
>> gave up and I am not talking a wimp when it comes to bodywork I am
talking a
>> guy that has well over 50 stretched PU extended cabs (heleva nice
vehicle
>> BTW) under his belt locally. Must be alot too it.
>
>VW extended pickups???   Or pickups with real frames?  I've been
>considering extending one of my VW pickups, and the best plan I've come
>up with is using a 2 door car front and a pickup rear.
>
>John

There's a guy somewhere in PA (I think) Who took a rabbit 2 dr, and a
pickup and put them together. The kick is- he cut the rabbit about6"
into the rear side windows so he'd have little side windows like a
'real' crew/king cab.  It was really cool, the wheelbase was outrageous-
but the guy said it didn't handle all that bad.

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen