Re: Non boy type person

 On Sat, 28 Nov 1998 00:11:17 -0500 Dan Brideau <dan@hobbyetc.com> writes:

> Not too sure, but i am pretty sure I spoted a non boy type person
> driving a Scirocco today.  That's right a girl.  In a scirocco.
> Driving through Pepperell, MA.

Heh.  A girl I know who drives a 73 Porsche 911T (Her pop owns a
Porsche-only repair shop) is always cracking jokes about wanting to steal
my car. She was half-looking for something to replace the 911 because it
isn't exactly reliable and her dad takes his sweet time to fix stuff. She
said she couldn't get a 'Rocco because her dad hates VWs (Actually, he
looks down at all other Porsches besides 356s too.)

Anyway, I drove from Atlanta to Nashville to pick up my brother for turkey
day this weekend. Since my GF doesn't like long car trips, I invited this
girl. I had a long day, and we left ATL at 6, so I was tired after about 2
hours of driving and I let her take the wheel. She wouldn't stop raving
about how much fun it was to drive. On the way home she asked me how much
she could find a Scirocco for, hehehe.....

Dan

ps.

The drive from ATL to Nashville is loads of fun. You're in the appalacians
for a lot of the trip, and there is this really neat part a bit past
Chattanooga that is like a 10 mile stretch of sweeping turns and a series
of up and down grades. I saw several jackasses with smoke billowing
from their brakes who didn't have the sense to downshift on the
downgrades.  Come on people, I'm from the treacherous mountain territory
of Long Island, NY and I know not to ride my brakes downhill.

Make sure to stop off at the Jack Daniels distillery for a tour and
tasting!