[electrical] dead defogger

	The rear defogger on my '81 hasn't worked since I bought it and now
it's getting colder here in SoCal (it's dipped below the 70's *brrr*).
Fuse appears intact; moreover, the same fuse guards the horn circuit which
works perfectly.  I don't detect a voltage drop on my in dash voltmeter
when the defroster switch is turned on.  When I flip the switch, I measure
12.x volts across the ends of the heating elements.  None of the elements
appears broken.  I also measure 12V across the positive (driver's) side of
the elements and a ground, for instance the bolt on the ends of the hatch
support struts.  Is this to be expected or does this indicate a short?  Can
anyone help me troubleshoot this problem?

	Related problem: The voltmeter also registers a 1.5-2V drop when
the parking lights are turned on.  My relayed headlights only register
about a 0.5V drop so I'm assuming that there is a resistance bottleneck
somewhere.  The lights don't seem dim at any corner.  How do I go about
tracing the trouble spot?  TIA, Happy New Year, etc.  benton-----