Sequential EFI 16V Update

I'm not sure if anyone is interested.. but I thought I'd give an update
on my EFI (electronic fuel injection) project for my '81 16V.

So far I've received the input/output board and 2 driver boards.  Both
of these have just been assembled and soldered, and I'm in the process
of testing them.  I've also got some injectors to test, one from a G60
(i may be able to get a set), a whole set of 1.8L, and a set from a
turbo supra or something like that.   I got a digifant head to steal
parts off of as well, which has the fuel rail, regulator, a low pressure
fuel pump, injectors and the injector bosses.   I have an extra lower
intake manifold setup for the 16V to test with and set up with the fuel
rail.  It look like all i'll need are some extensions on the ends of the
injectors to reach the fuel rail, which I can then attach to the
manifold somehow and hopefully with easy attachment and removal.

I'm in the process of getting sensors as there's quite a few needed.
Coolant temperature (existing should work), manifold air temperature,
manifold air pressure, throttle position sensor, O2 sensor(have one) and
a crank trigger wheel and sensor.  I'm undecided whether to use the mass
airflow sensor, because its possible to calculate the airflow and not
have the restriction of this sensor, ie have an air filter right at the
throttle body.  But alot more calculations are required.

To do :
1.   Install injectors/fuel rail into manifold
2.   Test I/O and driver boards to see response of injectors ;the I/O
board is still technically a prototype.
3   Should get the CPU and board in January.  Assemble and connect to
I/O.  Still need a debugger/computer interface board but may be able to
create my own or use the existing rs232 port buil in to the CPU board;
not as efficient as the parallel connection of the BDM.
4.  Programming...  lots of it..  uses linux gnu C as the language of
choice.. kinda rusty on my part.

Total cost so far is $167 for the two boards I have, $250 for an
oscillocope (not necessarily needed), $20 in supplies,
Estimated costs remaining.. $108 for the CPU and board, $30 for the BDM
board, $50 for a toothed wheel and sensor, $80 for a 2bar MAP sensor,
15psi boost, 15 psi vacuum.  A standard VW MAF/MAT sensor will work fine
when I need one, probably like $40. TPS is about $20.  another $30 in
supplies (wire, solder, etc)

So in total, minus the oscilloscope, the whole thing should cost me
about $545 American.

The web page for this project is  http:\\efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu under
the efi332 project page.  There's also a do-it-yourself EFI page there
as well.  Both have a corresponding mailing list of which I'm on both.

Hope to be racing this baby next summer!
Ben Beacock (Benny B)