Re: Transmissions

At 6:10 pm -0700 25/11/98, Owen wrote:
>Thats about equal to the cost of their 2.0L 16v, 280bhp powerplant.   At
>approx 22,000 pounds, its quite the pricey item.  If I can just figure out
>a way to get that much power out of my 2.0L for a little less money, I'll
>be set.

Yeah, the motor lists for exactly the same as the tranny.   Cool thing
about the motor, though, is it uses a completely different FI system.  Sort
of like the Digifant, where there's a fuel rail and the injectors open and
close.  There's 4 individual throttle bodies where the lower intake
manifold goes on our 16v engines.  And the "upper" manifold is actually a
massive carbon fiber chamber that sits in front of the engine and sucks in
air from a hood scoop.

Everything in that catalog is cool, from the suspension to the rear axle
(um, this thing is BEEFY), to the brakes, which are available in the
4-piston Alcon variety.  And it all bolts up (more or less) to an A3...