Re: [non-rocco] Cab Weight

Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:

> Sure could be, my point of reference is my friend Jims' 1980 Rabbit
> Convertible, I'm sure later models weighed more as body kits and
> accessories got added.  His is very minimal, I should have qualified
> my previous estimate...
>
> ==Brett

Just as a point of reference, my car is an '81 Rabbit Convertible, not an
'80. :-)

The 16v engine is all torn down and scattered across the back of my garage
and basement, just waiting to order a whole bunch 'o parts (Mark, get ready
to do BAD things to my credit card!) and take the block in to get it bored
out for 2nd oversize pistons, cleaned up, and put back together.

The VR6 should be arriving next week.....oh yeah! I just bought a '93
Passat GLX wagon, so once I finish putting the 16v in the Convertible, I'll
have both of VW's hot engines.  I won't be embarassed about going to car
shows when I can't drive the Convertible and showing up in a *gulp* Ford.

Whoo hoo.

Happy Turkey Day to all, too

| Jim Jarrett,CCP                                                   |
| Eastman Kodak Co. - Professional Digital Cameras                  |
| 901 Elmgrove Road MC 35504                                        |
| Rochester, NY 14653-5504         Phone:(716) 726-6365             |
| jarrett@kodak.com           All opinions expressed are mine alone |
| http://www.kodak.com                                              |