Re: Antennas

In a message dated 11/23/98, 3:18:37 PM, zach@discover-net.net writes:
<<Fellow listers,

I had a flash of inspiration today. My GTI is lacking an antenna for some
odd reason, thereby rendering it tuneless. This is not good. So, I wandered
over to Radio Shack, and picked up a universal windshield antenna kit. It
has a thin wire that runs along the top of the windshield like on old Chevy
trucks.
<Snip>
 The only problem with the kit is that the supplied plug for the
antenna hole is too big for the hole on the car, but there's gotta be a
rubber plug out there that will fit.

zach

I'd be interested to hear a follow up from you as to how this type of ant.
performs in real life.

2nd Radio Shack tip;  someone hipped me to a Y adapter that allows two ant.s
to be used with one radio.t he idea was to plug in a second one, in addition
to the regular fender mounted jobbie, and stash the second one up in the dash.
This was said to improve the 'plane' of reception and improve things
noticably.

I found one such adapter for appox $5US and a rubber flex ant.; $5US. Gonna
install in the '81 soon as I get the new eng. sorted.

GL,
TBerk

PS- Anyone notice Sciroccos seem to be hard on reception- cell phones, radios,
etc?