Recovered Colorado Corrado!

Good news.......!

Incompetent/uncaring authorities...ugh.:

Hi Chris!

Thanks for helping out! As you figured by the subject I have recovered my
Corrado, though not in the condition I left it. As I was driving to my
friends house I was paranoid that someone would see me and think that I
was the dick who stole it. Unfortunately I do have to "hide it" at my
friend's place because I am not the only one who has a key. I'll have to
find out when a good time would be to take it back to Revsport, perferably
when Dave has time to pull the engine so that it can't go anywhere. Anyway
my story of how I recovered it is below with a not as happy as I would
like ending. Thanks again and maybe I'll catch you at Revsport sometime.
Keep and touch and tell all that were involved that I appreciate their
help!

My story -

I went driving around with two friends last night checking parking lots of
malls, movie theaters, bars, and night clubs. After about 45 min of doing
this we decided to check out the neighborhood near Revsport. I found it on
Tia Juana (1 block east of Juanita, about 1 1/2 blocks from Revsport)
parked right in the entry of an apartment complex. Figuring that the cop's
response time would give the fucker who stole it a chance to get away I
decided to use my trusty "spare" key and re-aquire my car. Unfortunately
it looked like a dark area and there was not enough of us to make a
confrontation. I sure would like to express my emotions through violent
acts but I'll have to hold it in for now, maybe I'll still get a chance.
We called the cops after I got back to my house and he "promptly" showed
up about 30 min later. He did not express whether or not I did the right
thing. He just said "Glad you got your car back" and "no one is going to
check out the apartment tonight, but tommorrow a detective 'MIGHT' go by
and do a follow up investigation". My translation of this is as follows:
"Good job stealing your car back, we're too busy eating donuts and giving
speeding tickets to actually do our job and find things like stolen
vehicles. You have done more than any cop in this town has this year. Oh
and about the investigator, he could give a shit less about your car so no
one will be following up on this". As for damage well it goes like this:
My C was probably treated as a Sport Util seeing that it was covered in
dust and the suspension up front feels and sounds fucked up. I don't smoke
(anything) yet my interior now smells like pot. My clutch feels like shit
and seems a lot more wear than the last time I drove it. And G60 does not
seem to do much more than a squirrel blowing air into the intake through a
straw. Oh and my vents now have dirt in them because while it was being
raced in the baja 500 they must have been sure to leave the vents on. It
also looks as though there are a few more nicks and dings than I remember,
course those came with the Sport Util/baja 500 thing. My locks need to be
changed as well, seeing that I did not have the pleasure of removing my
original key from that fucker's cold dead hand.

Funny how I accomplished more than the cops who said they would check the
immediate area, which must mean a 20ft radius in front of Revsport.

Mark Mager.
90' Corrado (thankfully)
88' Cabriolet
84' Gti