Re: Gas tanks

In a message dated 11/22/98 11:32:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dbruby@ainet.com writes:

>  1.) I jacked up the car and looked under it, and it appears to me that the
> tank (and this is on my '86 8v) is fiendish to remove.  True?  The Bentley
> doesn't even cover it.  Anyone try it?
I think it's nigh on impossible without dropping the rear axle beam. Of course
the exhaust gets in the way too.

Man I haven't heard anyone sealing a tank since my Karmann Ghia era. Hmm,
since it's out, why not?

TBerk
w/ two engines in the driveway and a shortblock in the backyard.