Re: Cold Starting...again

In a message dated 11/22/98 9:13:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
harderb@email.uc.edu writes:

>    1.  Battery Neg. - to directly below the airbox on the frame (2 guage
> cable)
>    2.  Battery Neg. - to ignition coil on firewall (4 guage wire)
>    3.  Battery Neg. - to alternator housing...mounting bolt (4 guage wire)
>    4.  Battery Pos. + to starter (2 guage cable)
>    5.  Starter to Alternator (4 guage wire)
>  *Basically, I have replaced all factory cables and then added a few extra
>  grounds.

Consider adding one from the back of the Alt. case, the bolts sticking out the
back with the nut on them make good mounting points- take this to the engine
block, valve cover studs make convenient places.

Since you replaced the fuel filter, have you run any techroline or lubr moly
through the system to clean things out? It might help tighten up the
injectors' spay pattern, etc.

Also, there is the 5th injector and it's electrical contact. Maybe some
contact cleaner and replugging might help ( I'm grasping now )

Things that inhibit good spooling up include an engine that doesn't like to
spin, maybe due to being too tight from say carbon build up, OR another
problem might be a lack of force to crank the thing over. Common causes might
be a tired starter or not enough cold cranking amps from an under rated
battery, perhaps poor electrical connections ( which you seem to have attacked
with gusto ).

Good luck,
TBerk